Irkutsk is one of the largest cities in Siberia, with a growing population of more than 600,000 people. It is the Eastern Siberia center with numerous museums, theatres, libraries, concert halls and cultural monuments.
Being close to Lake Baikal and offering a most interesting history of the city, Irkutsk provides excellent opportunities for arranging exciting post-congress tourist programs within the framework of business and congress programs. The opportunity to conduct business meetings in combination with exclusive recreation – a cruise over Lake Baikal, yacht rentals, helicopter tours, train voyages over the Circum-Baikal Railway – all of these features create the unique image of business Irkutsk, which lures foreign and Russian business circles.
Facts about Irkutsk:
- it is considered to be the cultural capital of Eastern Siberia
- Irkutsk hosts several universities and the major branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences
- thanks to advantageous geographic location Irkutsk has been historically predetermined to become the center of business communication in Siberia
- the development of the city’s congress, business and exhibition infrastructure promotes to conducting prominent and important all-Russian and international events
- the city has professional associations (Baikal Business Travel Association, Siberian Baikal Association of Tourism); exhibitions, workshops, round tables are conducted annually
MEET RUSSIA – a professional DMC project in Irkutsk
Irkutsk is an original region that combines the authentic Siberian flavor and European culture. If you would like to visit this unique city and organize business event there, you will need a DMC with understanding of the Russian market and culture. MEET RUSSIA is one of the market leaders in the event industry with more than 20 years of experience and with partners all over Russia.
Discover Irkutsk with MEET RUSSIA!