KAZAN is the capital and largest city of the Republic of Tatarstan, Russia. Kazan lies at the confluence of the Volga and Kazanka Rivers in European Russia. The Kazan Kremlin is a World Heritage Site.
The Republic of Tatarstan is the most innovative and highly developed region in Russia. Tatarstan has a developed infrastructure: passes Trans-Siberian railway, the federal highway M7, three airports, including two international.
Facts about KAZAN:
- With a population of 1,143,535, it is the eighth most populous city in Russia.
- One of the largest industrial and financial centers of Russia, and a leading city of the Volga economic region in construction and accumulated investment - City's Gross Regional Product had reached 380 billion rubles in 2011.
- Total banking capital of Kazan banks is third in Russia.
- In April 2009, the Russian Patent Office granted Kazan the right to brand itself as the «Third Capital» of Russia.
- In 2009 Kazan was chosen as the «Sports capital of Russia». The city has hosted two Bandy World Championships, in 2005 and 2011, the World Summer Universiade 2013, the World Championship in fencing in 2014, the Aquatics Championship FINA 2015, FIFA Confederations Cup 2017 and other international competitions of various levels. In the future the city will hold the 2018 FIFA World Cup.
- The main industries of the city are: mechanical engineering, chemical, petrochemical, light and food industries.
- An innovative economy is represented by the largest IT-park in Russia which is one of the largest of its kind among Eastern Europe science parks.
- In 2011 city organizations and businesses attract more than 87 billion rubles for economy and social sphere development.
- There are head offices of 6 companies that are in rating of top-500 in terms of revenues in Russia.
- Total square of city business centers is 330 thousand square meters.
- In 2012 Kazan gets a 6th place in Quality of city environment rating, which is made by Russian Federation Ministry of Regional Development, Russian Alliance of Engineers, Federal Construction Agency, Federal Service of Supervision of Consumer Protection and Welfare and Moscow Federal University.
- There are 44 institutes of higher education in Kazan, including 19 branches of universities from other cities. More than 140,000 students are educated in the city.
- In 2015, Kazan was visited by 2.1 million tourists, which is a 20% increase in comparison with 2014 and the city's hotel and entertainment complex with an aquapark called «Kazan Riviera» was visited by 1 million tourists.
If you would like to visit KAZAN and organize business event there.
Discover KAZAN with MEET RUSSIA!