Sochi is a city in Krasnodar Krai, Russia, located on the Black Sea coast near the border between Georgia/Abkhazia and Russia. The Greater Sochi area, which includes territories and localities subordinated to Sochi proper, has a total area of 3,526 square kilometers (1,361 sq mi) and sprawls for 145 kilometers (90 mi) along the shores of the Black Sea near the Caucasus Mountains. Being part of the Caucasian Riviera, it is one of the very few places in Russia with a subtropical climate, with warm to hot summers and mild winters.
Sochi is Russia's largest resort city, important transport hub, and large economical and cultural center of the Russian Black Sea coast. It is unofficially named as summer, Southern and resort capital of Russia.
According to the Forbes Magazine 2012 Sochi is the best city for doing business.
Facts about Sochi:
- Russia’s largest resort city
- Russia’s number one destination for beach and health tourism: 183 beaches, 70 traveling companies, 66 sanatoriums, 20 holiday resorts
- offers all facilities, services and hospitality for professional meetings
- has a wide range of venues, from coastal resort hotels to classic Russian: 66
- heritage venues and hyper-modern hotels
- 33 congress and exhibition venues
- 19 744 capacity
- 255 hotels (including 12 Global Hotels and Resorts, such as Swissotel, Rezidor, Hyatt, Accor, Marriott, Rixos, etc)
- 12 000 rooms (41 000 rooms during Winter Olympic Games 2014, incl. apartments)
Sochi hosted the XXIIOlympic Winter Games and XI Paralympic Winter Games in 2014, as well as the Russian Formula 1 Grand Prix from 2014 until at least 2020, FIFA Confederations Cup 2017, the Russian Investment Forum 2017, The XIX World Festival of Youth and Students. Sochi is also one of the host cities for the 2018 FIFA World Cup.
MEET RUSSIA – a professional DMC project in SOCHI
We differ with the following advantages:
- 20 years of varied experience
- perfect understanding of the Russian market
- large network of partners
- professional and dedicated team